It feels so luxurious to have so many days of sunshine in a row in Vancouver. We’ve been having soooo many picnics lately. I’ve spent many lunches and dinners at the edge of a water park or playground.
Here’s one of my favorite dishes we’ve tried lately. It’s great to pack as a picnic food, or have for a super quick and easy dinner on a warm night in a West facing apartment that has been baking in the sun all afternoon.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste (I used tihini from a Greek grocer), almond butter, or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon or more chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lb of noodles (I used whole wheat spaghetti, but feel free to use whatever you noodles you like)
- Fixings: here we used cucumbers, carrots, yellow bell peppers, green onion, cilantro, and a cooked chicken breast…but use whatever veggies or meats you like!
1. Whisk the first 6 ingredients together.
2. Cook the noodles of your choice. Run under cold water, drain well.
3. Toss the noodles with the sesame sauce. Top the noodles with fixings of your choice.