Sometimes I will have a moment, and think that, oh, I have to write this down as one of my favorite things when it comes to life with Joshie-poo. But more often then not, I will turn around and forget to write it down.
So here’s the post. I’m no longer going to procrastinate.
- Most days I’m out of the house before Joshua wakes up. On the days I am home, I love going to get Joshua when he wakes up in the morning. When I open his door, he always smiles. And when I pick him up out of the crib, he always puts his head on my shoulder and snuggles with me for a few minutes. It’s like he is saying, “I missed you, Mommy.”
- One of my all time favorite things to watch is Joshua focusing on something. When he was smaller, he used to pick up a toy and examine it with such focus and concentration that he furrows his brows and pouts a little. Now he does this when we read a book to him. He is so focused on the pictures in the book, that often he is still staring at the page when we have moved on to the next page.
- Related to the previous point, another favorite moment for me is seeing Joshua’s facial expression when he’s pooping. Yes, when he is pooping. The corners of his mouth curl up, he presses his lips together, he tucks his shoulders up, and his face turns red. It makes my heart melt because he is working so hard.
- Joshua doesn’t always do this, but sometimes when he gives me a hug, he’ll pat me on the back. It’s so cute!
- When he was crawling, he would crawl towards me and make happy noises at the same time if I’ve been away for a while (like taking a shower or a nap).
- Joshua can giggle like crazy when he’s really tired. Sometimes I like tickling him just before putting him down for a nap, and he will laugh so hard that he’s out of breath.
- Sometimes I show Joshua video clips of himself, and he particularly loves watching the ones where he is laughing in the video. He’ll laugh out loud while watching the clips of himself laughing.
- Cliff gives Joshua a bath and massage every evening. I try to stay out of their way as that’s their part of the evening routine. I can always hear Joshua giggling as Cliff gives him a full body massage. It sounds like they are having so much fun, and it always makes me smile.
- Joshua loves to watch people. Whenever we go to a restaurant, he will turn away from us and look at the people at other tables the entire time we eat our meal. Sometimes he smiles at them, sometimes he waves at them, and sometimes he yaps with them. I really enjoy seeing his outgoing personality.
- Just recently, whenever we turn on the music at home, Joshua bounces and nods his head like he’s dancing to the music. Sometimes he’ll even go up to the iPod and request for the music to be turned on. I think he truly does enjoy listening to music and that makes me very happy.